
Monday consisted mostly of sessions about what it means to be a useful RA, and, according to the many handouts we recieved, it is our role to be many different people to the students, among them...

...Stewards. Inside joke? Maybe.
We had a beautiful and very filling lunch at a restaurant on the water next to the Marina Mall.

Our lunch, with hummus, pita, eggplant, and various salads as appetizers. Little did we know, spicy chicken and kebabs were soon on their way.
After, we had a few more sessions about local customs Women will be stared at, and actually, Westerners in general, actually ...everyone. everyone. Just be prepared to be stared at, and don't smile back, because that could be seen as being flirty said one of our liasons of the session, and with that advice, we went on a walking tour of the city nearby campus, which consisted of a thurough 'here's the pharmacy, here's the best Chinese place' as well as the walk to our dorm and back to campus. And What did we see? Well...



Following our excursion through the hot winter heat (most days were in the 90s...and it's only march!) we all loaded into the RA-mobile and were off to the NYU AD Institute, located about a 20 minute drive away, for a lecture on the the Arab World alongside Ghana. Needless to day, not my cup of tea. Regardless, I still cant get over the fact that I'm going to be in a city where driving to parts of campus is necessary!!! Seriously, whatever happened to walking to campus? In the Snow? and Rainstorms? With a broken umbrella? Oh, I've done it. I'm not bitter.
Tuesday was when things started to get personal. After two whole days of looking at it from afar, and walking by it on our tour the day before, I finally got to see the inside of our new residence hall, Sama Tower.

Not bad, eh?
I joke, That's the Emerate's Palace Hotel. Here's the entrance to our place. Reflection much?

We're going to live in THESE EXACT STUDIOS!

Check out the windows! You won't find that in New York, that's for sure.

After approving my modest living conditions for next year, we set off again for the Marina Mall, up to the 2nd highest restaruant in Abu Dhabi. The highest was 1 floor above us, but spun, and they were worried we would become motion sick. Regardless, we got some fantastic views of the city and I had a much needed Iced Coffee.


Again, Until Later

No comments:
Post a Comment